• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Question about dealing with sub doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdrunk

Bluelighter
i located and found a sub dr in my area and put myself into treatment, no legal problems or anything like that. heres my problem my dr. mandates that i go into a program such as farnum, coco, ect.. i have no insurance and my costs are almost $600 a month and thats before drug counseling which would be an added cost of around $150 a month and i dont want to go to one of these places but he refuses to continue my treatment w/out the therapy. bottom line is does he have to have me in treatment for legal reasons or is it just his personal choice. i live in ny incase that matters. any answers guys would be extremely appreciated, i'm spendin more tryin to get clean than i did when i was doin pills.

Hmmmm.I really am not sure about this question. I mean if your on SMT and are doing some of the counciling they offer but just not all due to the high cost of the entire SMT. It is very pricey I hear without insurance. And a lot of insurance companies have a few differant restrictions on there Rxing.... I hope somebody knows this answer.

Does he legally have to put you into counselling? I do not think so but I am unsure of the laws regarding this. The best thing would be to talk about this with your doctor if you haven't already and explain that the cost is a prohibitory factor.

I'm going to move this to Healthy Living seeing as it concerns dealing with your doctor and not the actual drug.

OD===>HL

^^yes I also wasnt sure if this was borderline not a question BL does not answer. Im glad a mod so swift as you Mr. B quickly checked it out;)

Status
Not open for further replies.